Shopping in Harajuku and Omotesando, which is at the forefront of trends in fashion and gourmet food, you can find many hot shops and trend-sensitive people.
In the short walk from Takeshita Street in Harajuku, the atmosphere changes dramatically as you approach Omotesando. It goes from casual shops that are popular with middle and high school students sipping tapioca drinks and other gourmet foods to Aoyama, lined with high-brand shops with sophisticated adults. It’s an exciting area.
We selected 25 recommended shopping spots from among the unique and tasteful stores scattered around Harajuku and Omotesando. We will go over all the places to be sure not to miss, from newly opened stores to stores that have been popular for years.
- Table of Contents
- 1. anello® TOKYO: Popular backpacks and bags!
- 2. @cosme TOKYO: Must-see for fashion lovers!
- 3. COSME LOFT Tokyu Plaza Omotesando Harajuku: Loft cosmetics specialty store
- 4. LINE FRIENDS FLAGSHIP STORE Harajuku: Offering specialty goods such as BT21 and Brown & Cony!
- 5. AMORE Vintage Omotesando: Shop offering vintage items from the 80s and 90s
- 6. KOH'S LICK CURRO: Where brands from all over the world gather
- 7. OSEWAYA Harajuku: Lots of cute little accessories!
- 8. Picnic Harajuku: Cute and assorted goods
- 9. ASOKO Harajuku: Store with a wide variety of products from Osaka and beyond
- 10. Laforet Harajuku: The latest trends from fashion to art
- 11. HYSTERIC MINI Harajuku: Colorful, pop, and high-quality children's clothing brand
- 12. ROXY TOKYO: The only ROXY brand store in Japan
- 13. CONOMi Harajuku Store: You can get uniforms for that play or movie!
- 14. WOODEN DOLL Takeshita Street Store: They even have stage costumes!
- 15. Vendome Aoyama: High-quality everyday jewelry
- 16. VINCE. Omotesando: Offering Everyday Luxury
- 17. Omotesando Hills: Intricate commercial facility that represents Omotesando
- 18. Oriental Bazaar: Souvenir shop where you can find Japanese culture and tradition
- 19. Maker's Watch Knot Omotesando Gallery: Where you can custom order Japanese watches
- 20. Maniflex Omotesando Showroom: Prestigious mattress brand loved all over the world!
- 21. WONDER PHOTO SHOP: Where you can learn a lot of ways to make taking photos even more fun!
- 22. ISUM Omotesando: Bring home a highly artistic Buddha statue!
- 23. Sugahara Shop Aoyama: Feel the warmth of craftsman-made glass
- 24. DECOUVERTE Aoyama: Where you may discover treasures
- Bonus: You can interact with the mofumofu rabbit at Ra.a.g.f Harajuku!
1. anello® TOKYO: Popular backpacks and bags!
Anello® TOKYO opened in Harajuku in December 2019. They have a gorgeous lineup that you can only find here, such as products that you could normally only buy online, new seasonal products, Harajuku-limited products, and playful products that will amaze you.
anello® TOKYOanello® TOKYO（アネロ トウキョウ）
- Address 1-11-2 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo Green Fantasia Building
4-minute walk from JR Harajuku Station
- Phone Number 03-6804-6112
Hours: 11am – 8pm
2. @cosme TOKYO: Must-see for fashion lovers!
The cosmetics shop @cosme TOKYO was opened in January 2020 on the former site of the Gap Flagship Harajuku. This is the first street shop operated by iStyle, which operates a comprehensive cosmetics and beauty website, @cosme, in Japan. The store is divided into three floors, with more than 200 brands and approximately 20,000 products, making it a fun space just to stop by and check out.
@cosme TOKYO@cosme TOKYO
- Address 1-14-27, Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
1-minute walk from JR Harajuku Station, 1-minute walk from Tokyo Metro Meiji-jingumae (Harajuku) Station Exits 2 and 3
Hours: 10am ~ 9pm
Closed: Open daily
3. COSME LOFT Tokyu Plaza Omotesando Harajuku: Loft cosmetics specialty store
At LOFT, a chain store that handles household goods, they are developing a new store called Cosmeloft that specializes in beauty and health care products. The first store, Cosmeloft Tokyu Plaza Omotesando Harajuku, opened on the 5th floor of Tokyu Plaza Omotesando Harajuku in April 2019. As the store is compact, they focus on “seasonal” cosmetics aimed at women who are on top of current trends in Omotesando.
The flagship store Shibuya Loft also sells trendy items. They have their own lines of products, such as LOFCOS, that has been praised for its originality and high quality.
COSME LOFT Tokyu Plaza Omotesando Harajukuコスメロフト東急プラザ表参道原宿店
- Address 4-30-3 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo Tokyu Plaza Omotesando Harajuku 5th floor
4-minute walk from JR Harajuku Station
1-minute walk from Exit 5 of Meiji-jingumae (Harajuku) Station on the Chiyoda Line and Fukutoshin Line
7-minute walk from Omotesando Station Exit A2 on the Chiyoda Line, Hanzomon Line, and Ginza Line
- Phone Number 03-5413-6210
Hours: 11am ~ 9pm
Closed: According to facility
4. LINE FRIENDS FLAGSHIP STORE Harajuku: Offering specialty goods such as BT21 and Brown & Cony!
LINE FRIENDS FLAGSHIP STORE Harajuku opened in March 2018 as the 100th store in the world (including pop-up stores). It is a store specializing in LINE, a communication app that is favored by people throughout Asia. In addition to the original characters BROWN & FRIENDS, they have a large selection of limited goods for new characters such as BT21.
LINE FRIENDS FLAGSHIP STORE HarajukuLINE FRIENDS FLAGSHIP STORE 原宿
- Address Harajuku Zero Gate 4-31-12 Jingumae Shibuya-ku Tokyo
2-minute walk from Exit 5 of Meiji-jingumae (Harajuku) Station on the Tokyo Metro Chiyoda Line / Fukutoshin Line
5-minute walk from Omotesando Exit of Harajuku Station on the JR Yamanote Line
8-minute walk from A2 exit of Omotesando Station on Tokyo Metro Ginza Line / Chiyoda Line / Hanzomon Line
- Phone Number 03-5785-3001
Hours: 11am ~ 9pm
Closed: Open daily
5. AMORE Vintage Omotesando: Shop offering vintage items from the 80s and 90s
This Omotesando store is one of the few vintage shops in the world that handles only vintage Chanel. There are over 1,000 bags and accessories. In the nearby neighborhood, you will find the vintage Chanel apparel and the AMORE Wardrobe selling shoes.
6. KOH'S LICK CURRO: Where brands from all over the world gather
KOH'S LICK CURRO is a luxury shop that offers a selection of items from Europe, Asia, and the United States. With the concept of "enjoying all genres," they have more than 50 brand products including famous Maison brands, up-and-coming brands, and brands of various genres in Japan. Brands include Maison Margiela, MARNI, yohji yamamoto, MSGM, alexanderwang, JOHN LAWRENCE SULLIVAN, AKIKO AOKI, and many more!
7. OSEWAYA Harajuku: Lots of cute little accessories!
The OSEWAYA Harajuku store on the 1st floor of Harajuku Alta is a store that makes you smile with a lot of cheap and cute accessories and miscellaneous goods. With the motto of "Being fresh in the season," this store has more than 10,000 Petit Pla Axes including original products and unique accessories that you cannot find anywhere else. You will also get miscellaneous goods. As the name of the store implies, the staff are very friendly. It's a shop that you can enjoy seeing all they have to offer so much that time will fly by.
OSEWAYA Harajukuお世話や（OSEWAYA） 原宿店
- Address 1-16-4 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo Harajuku Alta 1F
Hours: 10:30am ~ 8pm
Closed: According to Harajuku Alta's regular holiday
8. Picnic Harajuku: Cute and assorted goods
A two-minute walk from JR Harajuku Station is Picnic Harajuku, which sells popular character goods and cute pop goods. They sell various Japanese goods, Japanese T-shirts, and many original products at low prices.
9. ASOKO Harajuku: Store with a wide variety of products from Osaka and beyond
The general store ASOKO from Osaka has about 1,000 low-priced items in the 100 - 300 yen range. Kitchenware and stationery with a wide assortment of colors and fun designs are surprisingly affordable - even if you buy all colors. The prices are so reasonable that you can be impulsive in your purchases. In addition to various cute goods, they also have aluminum interior goods and tools.
ASOKO HarajukuASOKO 原宿店
- Address 6-27-8 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
- Phone Number 03-6712-6752
Hours: 11am ~ 8pm
Closed: Irregular holidays
10. Laforet Harajuku: The latest trends from fashion to art
Laforet Harajuku, the fashion building, is a shopping center with about 140 popular stores. Stores include the latest fashion and accessories, miscellaneous goods, CDs, and cafes. Inside the building, there are shops from the 1.5th basement floor to the 5th floor. The 6th floor of the top floor is the Laforet Museum Harajuku.
11. HYSTERIC MINI Harajuku: Colorful, pop, and high-quality children's clothing brand
HYSTERIC MINI Harajuku Main Store, which was created as a kids’ version of the popular apparel brand HYSTERIC GLAMOUR, is a popular children's clothing brand that has colorful and pop designs. The design has plenty of subculture elements from the 1960s to the 1980s. The trademark character Mini is very popular with fashionable moms. In addition to the boys’ style of grunge fashion and cute girls’ style, MY FIRST HYSTERIC for newborns is also popular. They also have toys, tableware, and stationery.
HYSTERIC MINI Harajuku Main StoreHYSTERIC MINI原宿本店
- Address 6-15-17 Jingumae, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
- Phone Number 03-5778-3618
Hours: 12pm ~ 8pm
12. ROXY TOKYO: The only ROXY brand store in Japan
ROXY TOKYO, the only ROXY brand store in Japan, opened on May 25, 2019, on Cat Street, Harajuku. They sell limited collaboration products and original limited edition products that match the local characteristics of Harajuku and Shibuya.
13. CONOMi Harajuku Store: You can get uniforms for that play or movie!
Check out this Harajuku store of popular uniform fashion brand CONOMi. You can make your own uniform from the many color variations and wide variety of items. You can make and purchase Japanese dramas and movies, uniforms worn by Japanese idols, and uniforms worn by Japanese high school students.
14. WOODEN DOLL Takeshita Street Store: They even have stage costumes!
The WOODEN DOLL Takeshita Street Store on Takeshita Street is a large shop from the 1st floor to the 3rd floor. It is an affiliated store of men's clothing Sakazen, which is famous for handling large sizes, and it is a select shop for men's casual wear on the first and second floors. The latest trend items are blended with the fashion taste unique to Takeshita Street.
15. Vendome Aoyama: High-quality everyday jewelry
Vendome Aoyama, which continues to design high-quality jewelry that can be used every day, has more than 100 stores in department stores in Japan. The first floor is lined with trendy fashion jewelry, so just looking at it will make you feel gorgeous. You can order bridal rings on the spacious second floor.
Vendome Aoyama Main Storeヴァンドーム青山本店
- Address 5-12-1 Minamiaoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo
- Phone Number 03-3409-2355
Hours: 11am – 8pm
16. VINCE. Omotesando: Offering Everyday Luxury
VINCE. Omotesando is a contemporary brand from New York. Omotesando is home to Vince's first flagship store in Japan, which has become popular among American celebrities. The store has a modern and sophisticated design, with a full line including the latest clothing, shoes, and bags. You will never tire of wearing these fashion items of uncompromising quality. If you are looking for chic and high-quality styling, this is a must-visit store.
VINCE. Omotesando storeVINCE. 表参道店
- Address 4-11-11 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
- Phone Number 03-6804-1224
17. Omotesando Hills: Intricate commercial facility that represents Omotesando
Omotesando Hills is a commercial complex that opened in February 2006. Designed by architect Tadao Ando, the facade occupies about one-quarter of the Omotesando area from Omotesando Subway Station to Meiji Jingu Shrine. There are about 100 specialty stores from the 3rd floor to the 3rd floor above ground. It consists of a commercial facility, a residence, and a total of 182 parking spaces A private nursing room, diaper changing beds, and baby stroller rental services are provided to provide a comfortable environment for parents and children.
18. Oriental Bazaar: Souvenir shop where you can find Japanese culture and tradition
Oriental Bazaar is a store in Harajuku that has a Japanese-like appearance. It looks like a shrine and has Japanese crafts, Japanese miscellaneous goods, and antiques. They sell a wide range of products, from keychains of popular characters wearing kimonos to period Japanese furniture.
19. Maker's Watch Knot Omotesando Gallery: Where you can custom order Japanese watches
At Maker's Watch Knot Omotesando Gallery Shop, you can purchase Japanese-made watches at low cost by custom order. With over 15,000 custom combinations to choose from, anyone can easily customize their watches and straps to match their outfit and mood – it’s just like coordinating a shirt or tie.
20. Maniflex Omotesando Showroom: Prestigious mattress brand loved all over the world!
Maniflex is the world’s largest mattress manufacturer, and has been around since 1962. It has showrooms in more than 90 countries. Headquartered in Florence, Italy, its products are produced in an integrated manner in Italian factories, and are widely known as the deep sleep bedding brand because of the high quality. You can actually experience all the models such as exquisite high-resilience mattresses and pillows that are neither too hard nor too soft.
Maniflex Omotesando showroomマニフレックス表参道ショールーム
- Address 3-5-5 Kita Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo IK Building Kita Aoyama 2F
Hours: Weekdays 10am – 6pm, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays 11am – 7pm
21. WONDER PHOTO SHOP: Where you can learn a lot of ways to make taking photos even more fun!
WONDER PHOTO SHOP is a spot where you can experience new ways to enjoy photography unique to the smartphone era. You can print outstanding photos taken with a digital camera or smartphone in a minimum of 15 minutes, and you can enjoy a variety of print services such as design prints and photo books.
There is also a corner where you can experience the popular instant camera cheki, the hot hybrid instant camera SQ10, and the high-quality digital camera X series. There are also plenty of cute photo goods and camera accessories.
22. ISUM Omotesando: Bring home a highly artistic Buddha statue!
Founded in 1968, Isum Omotesando store, operated by MORITA Co., Ltd., is a leading company selling Buddhist images. Isum is a brand that reproduces a highly artistic Japanese Buddha statue in a modern lifestyle. The store is particular about the display that makes the Buddhist statue beautiful, and you will be amazed at the charm of the Buddhist statue, which shows various expressions depending on the light and angle.
ISUM Omotesandoイスム 表参道店
- Address 5-48-3 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
- Phone Number 03-6419-7822
Hours: 11am ~ 8pm
Closed: Open daily (closed during the year-end and New Year holidays)
23. Sugahara Shop Aoyama: Feel the warmth of craftsman-made glass
Sugahara Shop Aoyama, a 3-minute walk from Omotesando Subway Station, is a dream-like space surrounded by glass and mirrors. You will be surprised to find more than 4000 kinds of Sugahara products, and more than 200 new ones are being created every year. You can also enjoy food, sweets, and drinks using the Sugahara glassware at the Sghr café that is attached to the store.
24. DECOUVERTE Aoyama: Where you may discover treasures
DECOUVERTE Aoyama store is a vintage accessory shop that collects and sells luxury maisons from the good old days and valuable gems of unknown value from all over the world. They order luxury maisons from the good old days and precious gems of unknown value from all over the world.
Bonus: You can interact with the mofumofu rabbit at Ra.a.g.f Harajuku!
Harajuku Ra.a.g.f is an acronym for "rabbit and grow fat." You can enjoy petting about 20 rabbits and feeding them. There are rabbits with different personalities, so you can surely find your favorite one. It's a super adorable place to visit! With a one-drink system, you can spend your time interacting with rabbits.
Ra.a.g.f Harajuku storeRa.a.g.f 原宿店
- Address 6-14-15 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo Maison Harajuku 3F
- Phone Number 03-6805-0328
Hours: Weekdays 12pm ~ 7:30pm (Last entry 7pm)
Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays 11am to 8pm (Last entry 7:30pm)
Closed: Every Tuesday
There are many shops in Harajuku / Omotesando that you will want to visit at least once. You can enjoy shopping to your heart's content while relaxing around the stores you care about. In addition to the fashion and general stores we mentioned, there are many popular sweets shops and Instagram-worthy restaurants to enjoy foods such as pancakes, parfaits, and tapioca. Some are listed in the following articles, so be sure to check it in advance as a rest spot between shopping.
*Prices and options mentioned are subject to change.
*Unless stated otherwise, all prices include tax.
Share this article.
How to Get Your Money's Worth at an All-You-Can-Eat Sushi Restaurant in Ginza: 40 Pieces on Average!?
A Guide to Japanese Donburi: We Asked an Expert About the Basics and How to Enjoy this Traditional Dish!
3 Tasty Donburi Dishes in Tokyo: Recommendations from a Japanese Food Expert
Recommended Donburi Dishes! Tokyo's Tasty, Tremendous Tendon Mega-Bowls
8 Unfamiliar (But Totally Normal) Customs in Japan!
Ginza Clothing Stores: Top 6 Most Popular Spots for Foreign Tourists (July 2019 Ranking)
Tokyo Shopping Trip: 3 Most Popular Clothing Stores in Shinjuku (November 2019 Ranking)
Solace in Shibuya Tokyo: Exploring the Must-Visit Serenity of Meiji Shrine (Meiji Jingu)
- #best ramen tokyo
- #what to buy in ameyoko
- #what to bring to japan
- #new years in tokyo
- #best izakaya shinjuku
- #things to do tokyo
- #japanese nail trends
- #what to do in odaiba
- #onsen tattoo friendly tokyo
- #best sushi ginza
- #japanese convenience store snacks
- #best yakiniku shibuya
- #japanese fashion culture
- #best japanese soft drinks