After a four-year hiatus, the grand Sumida River Fireworks Festival is making a vibrant return on July 29, 2023. What's more exciting is that TOKYO SKYTREE will host a special viewing for this spectacle!
Main image: ©TOKYO-SKYTREE
Experience the Enchanting 46th Sumida River Fireworks Festival from TOKYO SKYTREE's Observation Deck!
The 46th Sumida River Fireworks Festival, known for its breathtaking firework displays that light up the Tokyo night sky, can be viewed from the TOKYO SKYTREE's observation deck. Imagine watching a magical dance of lights and colors from around 350 meters above the ground - a truly unique experience!
During this special viewing event, around 900 people will have the chance to watch the fireworks from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM. (On Saturday, July 29, 2023, the Sumida River Fireworks Festival is scheduled to be held from 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM.)
If you're interested in visiting Tokyo's tallest tower before or after the show, please note that there will be slight changes in its operating hours. TOKYO SKYTREE will maintain regular hours from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM, but it will extend its evening hours to 10:30 PM after the special viewing event.
How to Enjoy the Special Viewing Event
Around 900 tickets for the TOKYO SKYTREE Sumida River Fireworks Festival special operation will be available for purchase.
To try for a spot, there are several options (some of which may only be available in Japanese):
1. Online Lottery Sale
Participate in the online lottery sale on the official TOKYO SKYTREE website. The lottery will run from noon on June 1, 2023, until June 21, 2023, 11:59 PM Japan time. Each application can have up to 5 participants. Lottery winners will be notified via email on June 23, 2023.
2. Official Hotel Sales
Purchase 26 tickets through the official websites of Tobu Hotel Levant Tokyo and Asakusa Tobu Hotel. These tickets will be available starting from noon on June 26, 2023.
3. Sky Restaurant 634 (musashi)
Details about the sale of 70 tickets at Sky Restaurant 634 (musashi) will be announced on the restaurant's official website once the special plan is ready.
4. TOKYO Solamachi and TOBU Card Campaign
TOKYO Solamachi and TOBU Card holders can enter a lottery for 100 tickets by shopping at TOKYO Solamachi. There will be a chance to win one of 50 pairs of tickets.
5. Travel Agencies
Travel agencies will soon announce packages that include tickets for the festival.
Certain terms and conditions apply, so be sure to check out the details on the respective official websites.
- Depending on the weather conditions on the day of the event, visibility may be impaired, and you may not be able to view the fireworks display. Refunds for entrance tickets will not be issued.
- Customers who have entered the TOKYO SKYTREE Tembo Deck with special viewing observation deck tickets can freely use the TOKYO SKYTREE Tembo Galleria during the special operation hours.
- Visitors are asked to refrain from bringing their own food and drinks into the observation deck.
- Beverages and light meals will be available for sale at the "SKYTREE CAFE" located on floor 350 within the observation deck.
- The planned number of tickets for sale may be subject to change.
Don't miss this chance to watch the Sumida River Fireworks Festival from a vantage point like no other. Secure your spot today and witness the grandeur of Japan's fireworks festival from the TOKYO SKYTREE!
Sakurabashi Lower Sumida-ku-Kotobashi Upper (1st venue), Komagata-bashi Lower-Kamabashi (2nd venue), 130-0000
Asakusa Station （Tokyo Metro Ginza Line / Toei Asakusa Line / Tobu Isesaki Line (Tobu Sky Tree Line) / Tsukuba Express）
15 minutes on foot
- Phone Number 03-5246-1111
- Address Sakurabashi Lower Sumida-ku-Kotobashi Upper (1st venue), Komagata-bashi Lower-Kamabashi (2nd venue), 130-0000
*Prices and options mentioned are subject to change.
*Unless stated otherwise, all prices include tax.
Share this article.
Limited time offer: 10% discount coupons available now!
Summer Fest Fun at Tokyo Station: Enjoy Trendy Bites, Music & More at Yaesu Night Markets!
Capturing the Essence of Hokkaido: A Photographer's Guide to Summer's Top Photo Spots
Is this Japan’s best hotel breakfast buffet? With unlimited beer and steak, it’s hard to say no
Shogun Story: Exploring Japanese High Culture in Nikko with Truly Exclusive Experiences
Tokyo Flower Guide: Top 5 Spots to Enjoy Japanese Flowers in June
6 Popular Tokyo Flower Markets: Morning Glory Fairs and Chinese Lantern Plant Markets (Summer)
Complete Guide to Buying Japanese Medicine in Japan: Phrases and Vocabulary You Need to Know
Tokyo Train Map: The Complete Guide to Tokyo Subways & Railways
- #best ramen tokyo
- #what to buy in ameyoko
- #what to bring to japan
- #new years in tokyo
- #best izakaya shinjuku
- #things to do tokyo
- #japanese nail trends
- #what to do in odaiba
- #onsen tattoo friendly tokyo
- #best sushi ginza
- #japanese convenience store snacks
- #best yakiniku shibuya
- #japanese fashion culture
- #best japanese soft drinks