The massive grounds of Oharano Shrine are surrounded by greenery at the base of a mountain. In autumn, the area erupts with red autumn foliage. When the capital was moved from Nara to Kyoto, Emperor Kanmu prayed for the transfer of the empress deity Fujiwara no Otomuro from the Kasuga Myojin Shrine in Nara. This shrine was constructed in 850.
1152, Oharanominamikasugacho, Nishikyo-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto, 610-1153
- Nearest Station
･ Hankyu-kyoto Main Line
20 minutes by bus
- Phone Number
075-331-0014Available languagesonly in Japanese