UNIQLO is a very popular shopping destination thanks to its competitive prices and high-quality products. The UNIQLO Ginza shop, in particular, is very popular among tourists visiting Tokyo. Today we asked a UNIQLO spokeswoman what she would recommend buying to face cold winter days.
Inside UNIQLO Ginza
UNIQLO Ginza is the flagship of UNIQLO stores, being the largest branch in the world with its 12 floors. The store has a very large selection of items, and the staff are multi-lingual, ready to help customers from all over the world.
On the 5th floor, there's a service called “MY UNIQLO,” where you can decorate UNIQLO products making them truly unique.
The 11th floor is dedicated to UNIQLO Y-shirts (“UT”), made in collaboration with other brands and famous characters, very popular also among foreigners. There are plenty of sizes available from XS to XXL, with some products and sizes that are only available at the Ginza store. The store also offers tax exemption for foreign travelers.
- Welcome gate
- An overview of everything that can be found in the store
- 2F Seasonal selection
- Floor displaying seasonal items and combinations
- 3F Women’s casual floor
- Floor with casual clothing for women
- 4F Women's smart-casual floor
- Floor with items like women's jackets, stretch pants, shirts and blouses
- 5F Women’s bottom floor
- Floor with women’s pants, skirts, and other lower-body clothing
- 6F Women’s under-clothing floor
- Floor with functional items like Heat Tech and Air Rhythm
- 7F Kids and babies floor/nursing rooms/baby rooms
- Floor centered on children and infants, boasting the world’s largest collection and space
- 8F Men’s casual floor
- Floor with typical men’s items like sweatshirts and T-shirts
- 9F Men’s under-clothing floor
- Floor with functional items for men like Air Rhythm and Heat Tech
- 10F Men's smart-casual floor
- Floor with many choices for men's lower-body clothing
- 11F UT floor, one of the world’s largest UT specialty stores
- Floor with collaboration items, characters, art, brands, and companies from around the world
- 12F UNIQLO Ginza special floor
- Floor where various special events are held for a limited time
Especially for foreigners! What are some UNIQLO recommended items?
Ultra-Light Down (Men's and Women's 5,990 yen)
This is a very popular product in UNIQLO, although thin and light, it's durable, water-resistant, and it can be worn as a jacket, or under another coat.
The jacket can be carried around easily in its compact pouch, making it a must-have item for traveling anywhere.
Heat Tech Inner (Men's and Women's 990 yen)
UNIQLO Heat Tech is synonymous with winter clothing. The cumulative sales for Heat Tech have reached more than 1 billion yen (as of a 2017 survey). Body perspiration is converted into heat, and even though it’s very warm, this kind of clothing is very thin and light, making it invaluable if you want to stay warm, but would rather not wear too many thick layers.
There is also an Extra Warm series, which is about 1.5 times warmer than the normal Heat Tech, and an Ultra Warm series, about 2.25 times warmer. These items, you will definitely want to get.
High quality, but reasonable prices. Recommended high-end items
Men's Cashmere V-neck Sweater 9,990 yen/Women's Cashmere Crew Neck Sweater 8,990 yen
A knit made from 100% cashmere fiber, also known as fiber jewel. It feels superb at the touch. Considering the quality, the price is reasonable. Both men and women's choices come in a large variety of colors and sizes.
Hybrid Down Parka (Men's and Women's 9,990 yen)
This is UNIQLO new jacket selection. The inner layer is designed to keep you warm, while the outer layer absorbs moisture, converting it into heat, all wrapped in a comfortable design to allow easy movements and comfort. In addition to these features, this seasonal item comes in different sizes and colors.
The simple design makes it perfect for any environment and situation.
Check out all the must-have items at the well-stocked UNIQLO Ginza store
The items featured today are the particularly recommended ones from UNIQLO. Items that can help you beat the cold, and are exceptionally functional will surely be a great present! Enjoy the shopping at UNIQLO Ginza in Japan.
*All prices do not include tax
*All sizes are S, M, L, XL. XS, XXL, 3XL are sold at the Ginza Store only for some products
*Some products may be sold out.
UNIQLO Ginza Storeユニクロ銀座店
- Address 6-9-5 Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo ginza Komatsu East Building 1F-12F (Store pick-up:1F)
- Phone Number 03-6252-5181
Closed: January 1
*Prices and options mentioned are subject to change.
*Unless stated otherwise, all prices include tax.
Share this article.
Recommended places for you
Tokyo Outdoor Dining: 3 Terrace Restaurants With Stunning Views (Freshly Opened in Spring 2021!)
Complete Guide to Japanese Wine: 11 Unique Things You Need to Know About Wine in Japan
5 Magnificent Hydrangea Gardens Near Tokyo: When to Go and What to Do!
3 Featured Tokyo BBQ Spots: Enjoy Outdoor Eats Right In Town
An Incredible Experience! We Tried a Glamping and Ecotour Experience In Front of Mt. Fuji
- #best ramen tokyo
- #what to buy in ameyoko
- #what to bring to japan
- #new years in tokyo
- #best izakaya shinjuku
- #things to do tokyo
- #japanese nail trends
- #what to do in odaiba
- #onsen tattoo friendly tokyo
- #best sushi ginza
- #japanese convenience store snacks
- #best yakiniku shibuya
- #japanese fashion culture
- #best japanese soft drinks