Motomachi Roman Catholic Church has one of the longest histories of any church in Japan. A large octagonal tower characterizes the church, which was rebuilt in 1924.
Known by locals as ”Gan-gan (bong-bong) Temple”, this church is a symbol of the Motomachi church district
A museum in memory of the opening of Hakodate's port
A contemporary western-style hall reminiscent of the early 20th century