- Experience this rare tour that you can't find anywhere else in the world
- Enjoy the view from the only survived fishing boat from Tomioka town
- Catch a fish in front of Daiichi and examine how contaminated it is.
- Feel the emptiness of the evacuated zone where people used to live.
- Heal your body in a hot spring after such an intense tour
The tour gets influenced by the weather. In case of expected stormy weather we will decide whether to proceed with the tour one day before, 3:00 pm and inform you immediately. We will have lifeguard vests on the boat for everybody. The boat owner is very much experienced, reliable, a second generation fisherman from Tomioka town. The radiation on the boat is extremely low, probably lower than Tokyo or any other big cities in anywhere in the world, since water is the best shielding against radioactive materials. On the land, as you carry around a geiger counter, you will see how the contamination has spread. Also everywhere is basically decontaminated at least once by the government. Although you will see some variation, most likely the highest contamination you will see is in Tomioka town, which probably goes up to 3 or 4 micro sievert per hour. This means that if staying there 15 minutes, you will be exposed to 1 micro sievert. As a comparison, when flying in an airplane from New York to Tokyo,