No information available.
From 29 March
- Dates 29 March 2019, 11:00AM - 28 April 2019, 7:00PM
“Decorativeness” and “playfulness”, as a feature of Japanese art, are found in craft work going back to Jomon pottery in ancient world. Folding screens or ceramics produced by Rimpa School in Edo Period were followed by metal works or lacquerware for export winning prizes at the Worlds Exposition in the West. All these historical heritage seems to be still alive, transformed into contemporary craftsmanship.
Artwork with various materials are exhibited in Spring Blossoms: Pop & Modern to show latest streams in pottery, glasswork, lacquerware or bamboo work. In addition to traditional innovation to maximize the charm of materials in their original ways, very often artists work with Nature. They aim at generating energy of life with power of materials through repetitive work such as hammering, wheeling, splitting or shaping. Almost meditative work, associated with ancient ritual, will induce ｔtheir original texture or color scheme. This time, thirteen artists, both established and emerging, will be exhibited issued from area of Kansai, Hokuriku and Kanto going beyond the border of Kogei or craftsmanship.
Until 24 March
- Dates 8 March 2019, 11:00AM - 24 March 2019, 7:00PM
- Event Details Art Front Gallery is pleased to announce solo exhibition of Naoto Sunohara. The artist depicts mountains through his own experience of climbing in use of mineral pigments and blue ink on Japanese paper. Please do not miss this precious occasion to appreciate the essence of Japanese painting with panoramic mountains.
Until 3 March
- Dates 7 February 2019, 11:00AM - 3 March 2019, 7:00PM
- Event Details Art Front Gallery is pleased to announce solo exhibition of Tatsuo Kawaguchi.
※ The above information was posted during the last update. Please ask for the latest information when you visit the store.