Here are the best Culture Experiences in Asakusa, with travel tips and more, according to LIVE JAPAN, a top-class travel website for visitors to Japan. Our ranking is based on the most popular pages viewed by foreign visitors in a given category. For instance, Asakusa Kimono Rental『DAIKICHI』, Studio Nanairo Asakusa, Yukata rental WABISABI Asakusa store and other related spots will be listed. Be sure to check them out during your visit to Asakusa!
No.1：Asakusa Kimono Rental『DAIKICHI』
Daikichi's Eight Advantages
1) We offer the most reasonably priced rental rates in the Asakusa area! Men's and women's kimonos and yukatas can be rented for as little as 1880 JPY!
2) We welcome walk-ins and large parties, and we are open all year round, Just bring yourself!
3) We are conveniently located just a minute's walk from Asakusa Station and the Asakusa Sensoji temple (Kaminarimon gate)!
4)We have English and Chinese-speaking staff, so we can look after you in English and Chinese!
5) A professional photographer will take a photo of you in the studio located in our store for free (we also have lots of photo props ready).
6) If the weather is bad on the day of your reservation making going outside difficult, you can switch to our photo course!
7) All family members are welcome (We can handle children who are 80cm or taller and adults up to L size)
8) Of course we can help with your graduation photos and shichi-go-san celebration!
No.2：Studio Nanairo Asakusa
Conveniently located only a three-minute walk from Asakusa Station (subway/Tobu lines), Studio Nana-iro is a “transformational photo studio” right next door to Asakusa’s famous Kaminarimon gate. It can be found in an 8-storey building easily recognizable owing to its scarlet pillars. One of the largest of its kind in the capital, the whole building is set aside for the studio’s photography and transformational experiences. Come delight in a wonderful opportunity to transform yourself into an oiran (courtesan), maiko (apprentice geisha), geisha or samurai and meet a brand-new you.
*The reception staff provide service English (and Chinese, too), so overseas customers can visit without worry.
*There are more than 200 costumes (both kimono and dresses) in stock. In particular, the elegant and colorful wedding kimono are popular among both Japanese and overseas customers.
*A professional hair stylist will bring out the very best of your charms.
*A professional photographer will capture a perfect moment at one of four different photo studios.
*The studio is partnered with and offers coupons for a number of neighboring Asakusa enterprises, including rickshaw services, restaurants, and cake shops. There are also events held to provide customers with a wonderful experience while visiting the Asakusa area.
No.3：Yukata rental WABISABI Asakusa store
WABISABI is a kimono and yukata rental store, conveniently located near Asakusa station of the Tokyo Metro Ginza line. Ever since the store first opened, we have welcomed many customers from Asian countries. We offer reasonable rates for rentals, with yukata rental and dressing starting from 3980 JPY, and we also provide hair arrangements for no extra price. If you already have a yukata, we can dress you for 2500 JPY. We provide a KIMONO rental service for men.
Our rates are currently incredibly cheap compared to other kimono rental stores in Asakusa. We're looking forward to your visit when sightseeing in Asakusa!
No.4：Kimono Rental: Asakusa Aiwafuku
Asakusa Aiwafuku is a reliable shop ran by an owner with 40 years of experience in the kimono industry. It's a highly-popular shop with over 50,000 customers annually, even receiving the Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor.
7 Reasons to Choose Asakusa Aiwafuku:
1. Choose any kimono (or yukata (informal cotton kimono)) for the same flat price (800 brand-name kimono available)
2. Full hairstyling by a professional hairdresser is included in the price (with as many hair ornaments as you like).
3. Rental of 3 types of cute accessories − hair ornaments, an obijime decorative sash string, and an embroidered kimono collar piece − are included in the price.
4. 8% consumption tax is included in the price.
5. We can store large travel luggage and baby strollers free of charge.
6. English, Taiwanese, and Chinese-speaking staff are always available.
7. 3 min from the station. 4 min to Sensoji Temple. Conveniently located at 1-min walk from Sumida Park for strolling.
No.5：Asakusa Armor Experience Samurai Ai
Our shop is recommended for groups of guys, but we are located nearby kimono rental shop Asakusa Aiwafuku 1 which makes it great for couples, groups of friends, and families.
Customers can choose the type of armor from 'Black Samurai' or 'Sanada Yukimura' (red).
For the helmet, choose Date Masamune, Katakura Kojiro, Oda Nobunaga, Date Masamune, Kuroda Nagamasa, or Sanada Yukimura.
There are other shops offering experiences to try on samurai armor, but what differentiates our shop is:
1. Reasonable pricing at 4980 yen (without tax)!
2. You can enjoy a photo shoot and wear the armor for a walk around the area! No doubt you draw attentions of all!
Please stop by to experience Japanese samurai armor! Our staff is looking forward to your visit.
No.6：Kimono Rental VASARA Sensoji
At Kimono Rental VASARA Sensoji, we stock a wide variety of traditional wear, such as cute kimono and yukata for taking a stroll, Sunday best for Shichi-go-san (an annual event praying for the growth of children of three, five, and seven years of age), long-sleeved kimono for coming-of-age ceremonies, hakama and nishaku sode (2 feet sleeved) kimono for graduation ceremonies, and kimono for wedding ceremonies. We also offer kimono and yukata plans for men, children and couples.
Our staff speak English and Chinese. You can enjoy Asakusa in the evening with a late return time of 10 p.m. available. We have plans where you can experience the traditional Japanese custom of tea ceremony, as well as plans that include dinner at the Italian restaurant attached to our store. The entrance of the Italian restaurant is a perfect location.
Only a few minutes on foot from Asakusa's popular tourist attractions of Sensoji, Kaminarimon and Nakamise, our store is incredibly conveniently located. Please visit us when you come sightseeing in Asakusa.
Kimonokan Asakusa, which is a 5-min walk from Asakusa Station, provides reasonably priced rentals of authentic kimono and yukata (casual summer kimono). Get wrapped in a colorful kimono or yukata and head out for sightseeing around Asakusa! Along with assistance for getting dressed, simple hairstyling with a hair ornament starts from just JPY 1,080. Also, many items including not only kimono and yukata, but also zori sandals and accessories with a theme of Japan are sold on the 1st floor, so our shop can be visited just for souvenir shopping as well. Many international visitors such as those from other Asian countries and elsewhere around the world visit our shop located on Shin Nakamise shopping street, which location makes sightseeing travelers easy to stop by. We welcome couples, families, and friends to visit our shop when sightseeing in Japan and Asakusa.
Kimonokan Asakusaきもの館 浅草店
Masukawa Building 1, 2F, Tokyo 1-22-7, Asakusa, Taitou-ku, Tokyo, 111-0032
Asakusa Station （Tokyo Metro Ginza Line / Toei Asakusa Line / Tobu Isesaki Line (Tobu Sky Tree Line) / Tsukuba Express）
5 minutes on foot
- Phone Number 03-6231-6881
- Address Masukawa Building 1, 2F, Tokyo 1-22-7, Asakusa, Taitou-ku, Tokyo, 111-0032
*Prices and options mentioned are subject to change.
*Unless stated otherwise, all prices include tax.
Share this article.
Recommended places for you
Udon & Soba
Toyosu Tsukiji Information Center
TATSU SUSHI Naritakukodaisantaminaruten
KIMONO QUEEN Imperial Hotel Plaza Tokyo
Asakusa Kimono Rental Once-in-a-lifetime Chance
"200 Exits?!" - Why Foreign Visitors Experienced Japan Culture Shock in Shinjuku
"Subculture Sanctuary?!" - Weird Japan Culture Shock Foreign Visitors Experienced in Ikebukuro
Tokyo Weather: 7-day Forecast for Tokyo and Japan (+What to Wear!)
Under $20?! Number 1 All-you-can-eat Shabu-shabu and Yakiniku in Shinjuku!
'Say what?' 20 Cool Words that Only Exist in Japanese
Understanding Japan's Go To Travel Campaign in English: How to Save Up to 50% OFF!
Spending Wonderful Time Alone in Shibuya - Free Cosmetics and a Hundred-Yen Bus!
Wear an Authentic Kimono in Asakusa - Tokyo’s Most Traditional Neighborhood! (Video)
6 Surprisingly Cheap Things in Japan
Kurayami Gohan – Experiencing the Dinner in the Dark
Tokyo Trip: Most Popular Culture Experience in Tokyo and Surroundings (August 2019 Ranking)
10 Major Cities in Japan: Which One Should Top Your Bucket List?
- #best ramen tokyo
- #what to buy in ameyoko
- #what to bring to japan
- #new years in tokyo
- #best izakaya shinjuku
- #things to do tokyo
- #japanese nail trends
- #what to do in odaiba
- #onsen tattoo friendly tokyo
- #best sushi ginza
- #japanese convenience store snacks
- #best yakiniku shibuya
- #japanese fashion culture
- #best japanese soft drinks