The park is the seaside public park that was opened in 1930 as a part of reconstruction work after the Great Kanto Earthquake (the historic earthquake that struck the Kanto region in September 1923) which had involved filling the sea with the rubble from the earthquake. It stretches along the seaside for approximately 700 meters from the entrance of the Osanbashi pier to the Yamashita Futo landing. It is the most famous park, known as ”The Park of Yokohama”. It was extensively renovated at the time of the Yokohama Exposition, held in 1988. The facility represents the port city Yokohama's view of the world, including Sekai-no-hiroba (the World Plaza), which was designed to express six roads stretching out to the six continents and the long staircase coined as the Grand Staircase, which resembles the one in a park in Spain. You will also see the statue of ”A Little Girl with Red Shoes On”, which is familiar to many Japanese people as a children's song; the Indian water fountain, which was donated by the Yokohama Indian Union; and the Guardian of Water statue, which was gifted by the City of San Diego. The park is also famous for its beautiful roses in a sunken flowerbed garden during the flowering season. It is a three-minute walk from the Minato Mirai Line Motomachi-Chinatown Station.
279, Yamashitacho, Naka-ku, Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa, 231-0023
- Nearest Station
･ Minatomirai Line
3 minutes on foot
- Phone Number
Our staff may only be able to communicate in Japanese.